We think the Southern Highlands arts and cultural sector is something to celebrate.
Our guiding principles are that:
• The arts are for everyone - and
• The Arts are an essential part of individual lives and the social and creative life of our community.
We know that the Arts flourish across our region. From community programs to initiatives involving professional artists and practitioners, there is a myriad of arts and cultural activities for everyone to participate and to share in the enjoyment of them.
We also realise that there are some in our community who do not have the same access to Arts experiences and opportunities as others might. And existing projects and ventures may not meet the needs of all of our community members.
We want everyone in our community to have access to the
incredible experiences that the Arts offer.
– The Southern Highlands Arts Fund Advisory Committee
That's where the Southern Highlands Arts Fund steps in.
Our mission is to 'bridge the gap', to support arts opportunities in the Southern Highlands that target:
- Groups underrepresented in these activities (as participants or audiences)
- Unmet or under serviced arts and cultural activities, and
- Inclusive arts related projects in partnership with individuals and/or groups.
We provide a tax deductible way for individual, group and business contributions to develop and sustain local, community-based arts projects and initiatives.